Thursday, February 7, 2008

Round 1 to the good ol boys

Well, round 1 in the political arena goes to the good 'ol boys, with Mitt Romney's announcement that he is bowing out of the race. To "Mormon, conservatives, It boils down to " we'll take your money, we'll take your votes but we won't back your candidate!" I admire him for recognizing and being willing to do this for the good of the conservative movement and for the American people!!!. I don't know if any of ya'all got the chance to listen to his speech just a few minutes ago, I did and my admiration for the man(not the Mormon) grew by leaps and bounds. I'm thinkin' that if he made this speech a month ago when he was still in the campaign, it may not have come to this today. He is a very brilliant, insightful, unselfish leader. I'm not sure where the conservative wing of the republican party is going to find their man because McCain is way to quick to side with the liberals to be called a true conservative and Huckabee has not shown me any reason to call him a conservative other than his Christian faith. I have to ask myself, what if, what if Sean Hannity and some of the other talk show hosts would have thrown their endorsements to Romney a month ago instead of so recently? What if Mitt Romney was a Methodist, or a Lutheran or even an agnostic? What if more of the "conservatives in America" would have supported what most political experts call the best man for the job, when looking at qualifications, experience, ideas and most of all values..What if.........



Willy Akers
All around Good Guy
Mid-Utah Radio / SanPete County Broadcasting
Cell---- 435-979-9801   or    willyakers@yahoo.com




Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments: